Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Masking Fluid Masterpiece Redo

     I had pulled out some printed art from frames that I was using for pieces I'd made and saw a technique on Pinterest that used print on canvas as a stepping off point. I used masking fluid for my peel off instead of stickers. 
Here's the print with the dried masking fluid


I used a foam brush to paint the black acrylic paint over the top. I dried this layer then painted another layer with the brush marks going in the horizontal direction.

Here's what it looks like dried.

I used my craft knife to get the lift off started then carefully peeled off the masking fluid.
Here's the final product with all the masking fluid removed and some leaves and cherries added on with pigment inks. I added some washi tape accents.Stamps: Best Blossoms Paper: Art print Paper Size: 5x7 Ink: Ruby Red Craft, MS chalk ink Accessories: Masking Fluid, Paint Brush, Black paint, Washi tape, metal mesh Techniques: Masking Fluid Resist

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2497622#ixzz2w4RazLdf

No comments:

Post a Comment