Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Acrylic Smear Fireworks

I missed last week's Mixability Challenge which was to use a credit card to smear paint onto a card. When I saw today's color challenge was red, white and blue I had an idea which would meet both challenges. I used glossy acrylic paint onto blue backgrounds to create my fireworks.
Stamps: Polka Dots And Paisley, Inkadinkado-Artstamp Large Numbers
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Glossy Red and White Acrylic Paints, Credit Card, White Embossing Powder
Techniques: Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2391760#ixzz2XtkoDOBj

I simply dropped a blob of paint and used the credit card to pull lines of paint out from the central part. I initially smeared the paint, but found the pulling made a more distinct line as what you would see in a fireworks display.

As you can see, my technique had improved by the time I did the reds!

No comments:

Post a Comment