Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Desk Top Creations

     One of my favorite ways to challenge myself is to make something using leftovers from my messy desktop. Here's one that used a reverse from a die cut. I remember that I did intentionally cut the leaves in a row thinking that it might look cool on a future card or as a mask.  I also used one of my favorite techniques-inlaid embossing to incorporate the leftover into my card.
This is also a CASE of this pretty card by Pam/Bailmac as the Queen for the Day challenge last week was to CASE a card from a previous Queen whose name starts with "A" or "B". Pam uses a lot of twine accents on her cards, so I added the linen thread and button instead of ribbon and a slide.
Stamps: Pursuit of Happiness
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Little Leaves Die, Square Lattice ef, Linen Thread, wood button
Techniques: Inlaid Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2398323#ixzz2ZSPS7kcj
 
 
Here's a card I made previously using another reverse mask and paint before embossing with the Square Lattice.  I liked the pops of red against the cool blues.  This was made from a sketch from Janette for the splitcoaststampers.com sketch challenge  a while back.
Stamps: Warmest Regards, Flourish from Season of Joy
Paper: Soft Sky, Pacific Point, Poppy Parade
Ink: Poppy Parade, Adirondak Paint Dauber
Accessories: Little Leaves Die, Medium Oval and Designer Label Punches, Baja Breeze Seam Binding, flowers, Square Lattice embossing folder
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Stencil

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2389419#ixzz2ZSRbdU8c

 

No comments:

Post a Comment