Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

I Love Color Challenges!

I really love color challenges because they often pull me out of my comfort zone/go to colors and stretch me into those ink pads that would otherwise sit and gather dust.  I loved the combos chosen for both this week's CAS challenge and the color challenge on splitcoaststampers.com.
The CAS challenge featured: Sahara Sand, Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral and White. I did a simple spatter and colored my sentiment in the same colors. I added some Sahara around the letters to add depth. I inked my ribbon on both sides by swiping it across my Calypso pad. I then poured a bit of rubbing alcohol onto this to distribute the colors more evenly. I love to use alcohol instead of water because it dries faster.
Stamps: Seasonal Sayings
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand, Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral, Basic Black
Accessories: Markers, Paint Brush, Ticket Corner Punch, Whisper White Organza
Techniques: Spatter, Dyed Ribbon

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2396807#ixzz2ZBJkAgL5
 
A simple popsicle formed from tags cut with a sizzix die with the tops cut off. I thumped my sentiment and popped it over the embossed bg and popsicle.
Stamps: Sweet Sampler, Canvas
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral
Ink: Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, paintbrush, Sizzix Tags die, Corner Rounder and wide ovalpunches
Techniques: Punch Art, Dry Embossing, Thumping

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2396845#ixzz2ZBMFl1j8




This one is for the color challenge which is: Baked Brown Sugar, Wisteria Wonder, Crisp Cantaloupe & Very Vanilla with a dessert of adding a pin or clip. I inked with Versamark then Brown Sugar and embossed in clear. Colored the butterfly with a brush and inks from the ink pad lids. I strung some pearls on linen thread for accents.
Stamps: Swallowtail, Simply Sketched
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Neutral Patterns Pack dp
Ink: Versamark, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Linen Thread, pearls from Pretties kit, Vintage Trinkets, Brush
Techniques: Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2397345#ixzz2ZBLzE6yt

No comments:

Post a Comment