Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Inspired Love

Made a few cards with a similar theme so I thought I'd throw them up together. The first two are for the CAS Challenge this week which is to be inspired by the pretty photo Denise chose.  I went fairly literal with the first, and used similar elements for the second.


I started by making a faux wood piece using the direct to paper technique as in the tutorial from the resources here. I used: Soft Sky, Marina Mist & Island Indigo for the blue area as well as Bravo Burgundy and Chocolate Chip for the upper area. I then loaded up a sponge with Whisper White craft ink and used it to soften and lighten up the woodgrain. I also spritzed a bit more blue onto the bottom with reinker and water in a spritzer. I cut my piece down to the size I wanted then punched a heart out of a sticky note and then used a craft knife to cut out the heart from my wood piece. I used an emery board to smooth it out and then sponged blue where the white was showing through. I added some twine and a metal key brad to this. I used a Natural White base for my card. I stamped my sentiment then embossed in black ep. The card looked a little too bare for me, so I sponged Sahara Sand through some drywall mesh tape and then sponged a bit of Marina Mist on the edges.
Stamps: Small Script
Paper: Basic Black, Natural White, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Marina Mist & Island Indigo, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White Craft, Versafine Onyx, blue reinkers
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Full Heart Punch, Spare Parts key brad, American Crafts twine, sponge, dry wall mesh tape, spritzer
Techniques: Faux Wood, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2399448#ixzz2Zk2zaFjq

This time I used a strip of the wood grain piece that I accented with two metal pieces. I used drywall mesh tape and Versamark to emboss the texture in clear on my hearts. I popped one up for extra dimension. I stamped my sentiment in Night of Navy and used the same for my card base.
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Night of Navy, Natural White, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Soft Sky, Marina Mist & Island Indigo, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White Craft, Night of Navy
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, sponge, metal brads and pieces, Full Heart, drywall mesh, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge
Techniques: Faux Wood, Embossing
 I had seen this beautiful ring on the inspiration site yesterday, but didn't have time to make a card. This afternoon I gave myself a card-making session instead of taking a nap. I loved the metal technique from this week's technique challenge from this awesome tutorial and thought it would really work well for a card based on the inspiration piece. I took some thin cardboard and cut the narrow strips first and punched hearts too. I glued the strips down then added the hearts and some drywall mesh. I then cut my metal tape into pieces and covered the whole strip. I took my stylus to add definition around the texture and dimension of the cardboard pieces. I also "drew" some patterns onto the hearts. I also used my cropadile to add faux rivets. Next step is to coat the whole piece in black acrylic paint and then used a dry baby wipe to pull most of it off the piece. After drying the paint with a heat gun I smeared some gold ink on. I then turned my attention to my metal "30" piece that I'd purchased and daubed with the wipe I'd used that had the paint and ink on it. I then dusted the whole piece with a mix of ep that I use when I want to make old-looking metal. Once I'd embossed that, I decided I wanted some of that look on my main piece too so I smudged the same inks on and embossed the same ep. I stamped my sentiment &used dry wall mesh with Versamark to emboss clear ep onto my Cherry Cobbler hearts and made a Cherry Cobbler fork bow as well. I used a black bg and a Cherry Cobbler base. I used dimensionals to pop my 30 with its accent metal pins with flowers and beads and also the hearts.



Stamps: Polka Dots And Paisley
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Ink: Versamark, Encore Gold
Accessories: Hearts punch, black, gold, silver and copper embossing powders mixed, Large Heart punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, metal charm, pins & bead combo, metal foil tape, stylus, cropadile, sponge
Techniques: Metal Foil Tape Art, Fork Bow, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2399435#ixzz2Zk41inOo

No comments:

Post a Comment