Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Emerging Color

     Today's color challenge was a Christmas in July with Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Crumb Cake as the combo. I have made Christmas cards using the emerging color technique before and thought I'd do a spin on that. Here's the card I made last year (probably one of my all time faves).
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Medallion, Seasonal Sentiments
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge, Pearl
Techniques: Emerging Color, Embossing, Sponging, Omitting With Markers

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2292523#ixzz2YZA6bbQF
I love the look of the layered stamping. Here are step by steps of the process I used to make my card today.
I masked off the back side of the card so I could have a nice flat surface without the bulk of folding the card first and trying to stamp it. I stamped my flourish in Cherry Cobbler.

I then stamped the Medallion in Versamark and embossed it in clear ep.

Here's the easy wow factor, sponge a dark color over the embossed image and it will really pop! Here I'm using Gumball Green.
The finished product...wish I hadn't messed up the star, but such it is. I added more Crumb Cake sponging to the bottom and sides. I may play around with design some more and use it for more cards this Christmas. I'd like to lower the Medallion and change to a vertical layout.

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem, Baroque Motifs, Medallion
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Versamark
Accessories: Clear ep, Rhinestones, Gold ep, Sponge
Techniques: Emerging Color

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2394568#ixzz2YZAeK2Bc

1 comment:

  1. Gail, this card is amazingly beautiful. Love the medallion, flourish and sponging technique!

    ReplyDelete