Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Birthday Bear

      

     This is for Lee's Challenge. I'm thinking that maybe someone will have a "teddy-bear of a husband" who needs a birthday card. I was thinking about making a punch art bear, but I've loaned out a bunch of my circle punches. Instead, I thought of a silhouette stamp of a bear I own. Lydia has me hooked on this Paper Tole technique and I actually found my stylus the other day when I was scrounging through strips for Holly's challenge! I stamped my bear a couple of times using Versafine Onyx and then adding some Soft Suede to when a few parts weren't quite dark enough. I used my stylus to add  some rounding to the layers of front and back haunches along with the head and popped them on dimensionals. I missed part of the bears nose in my top layer so added a bit of black behind the head to make the nose. I also used my black or Espresso marker to go along all the edges of the top image so the white of the paper didn't show. 

     I had stamped off my Hardwood image multiple times on a piece of white cs. I used this as my base then stamped my trees and sentiment over this. My trees were inked with 3 markers. I used a Clear Star pen to add some highlights in the tree and the upper right corner though I'm not sure you can detect them in the photo. Last step was to add a twine at the bottom then affix to a Kraft base.
    I'm having a lot of fun with these challenges. I hope you're playing along in the Hope You Can Cling To fun!

Stamps: Pines, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Hardwood, Just For Fun-pine trees Paper: Kraft, White Paper Size: A2 Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede. Versafine Onyx Accessories: Stylus, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Sponge, Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen, Markers: Early Espresso, Garden Green, Basic Black Techniques: Paper Tole, Omitting with Markers

Read more: 

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2567708#ixzz3FODoAjTI

No comments:

Post a Comment