Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Mom-My Hero

    This card I made as a sample for Bridget's "My Hero" Hope You Can Cling To Challenge is very close to my heart. My mom has been such an amazing example of godly womanhood to me. She has such a servant's heart. One of the hardest parts of her cancer journey has been not being able to do for others as much as she would like. Here's my card.

Stamps: Messages for Mom, Gorgeous Grunge Paper: Black, Kraft, Soft Suede, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Dictionary Page, script dp Paper Size: A 2Ink: Versafine Onyx, Soft Suede Accessories: Memory Box-Prim Poppy die, burlap string, sponge, cutter kit distressing tool Techniques: Distressing, Crumpling, Sponging

                                                  Read more:

 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2561467#ixzz3FZRDnj4q


     My mom loves poppies so I went with my poppy die cut adding some layering with a few individually cut petals for added depth. I was making this one as a sample card for HYCCT so I was clearing my desk to make way for the upcoming craziness of card-making and this is a result of elements already in place on my desk.....I put the green poppies on the bottom over a blank part of a dictionary page with another strip of torn dictionary page and a strip of dp. I crumpled and distressed this a bit and added some sponging. I also tied a tiny bow with burlap string. My sentiment was stamped on a strip then distressed and sponged. I stamped spatter around the base and the poppy piece. My second sentiment was carefully stamped with the longer sentiment divided into two to fit in my space. On the inside I added a vanilla piece with another dictionary strip at the bottom.
     I hope you'll join in this wonderful opportunity to support cancer patients through the card drive portion of these challenges. Come and check it out!
Hope You Can Cling To Challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment