Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Mixed Multiple Pumpkins

   I couldn't resist playing along with the Mixability and Free for All Challenges today though I'll still make a card for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge later. Here's the final card.

Stamps: Truly Grateful, Craft Smart-pumpkin Paper: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Black, Watercolor paper, placemat Paper Size: A2 Ink: Stazon Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, MS chalk inks Accessories: Bronze Sharpie Marker, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie markers, Paintbrush, Spritzer, 2 1/2" circle punch, squash tendrils, Tombow MonoMulti, Sponge Techniques: Watercoloring from ink pad lids, Masking, Spatter, Sponging

Read more: 
I cut a strip of watercolor paper and stamped my first pumpkin (wish I'd stamped it a bit lower...I ended up cutting off a bit of the bottom so the middle pumpkin didn't still look like it was floating!) I then masked it and stamped 2 more.


I cut a couple more masks to keep layering the pumpkins on. The free for all was to use multiple images of the same stamp.
I smooshed some ink into the lid of my ink pad and spritzed a bit of water in then used a paintbrush to watercolor the pumpkins.
I painted in the leaves as well then used a marker to "flick" in some added detail on the pumpkins.
I masked over the pumpkins again to smoosh on 
some chalk ink 

I flicked the pumpkin and olive ink onto my rough background and also shook my Bronze Sharpie over the bg. I added dots of bronze onto the pumpkins as well.
I flicked some spatter and Bronze onto my image panel as well. I wish I'd masked over it when I went to flick onto my upper sentiment as I got a rather large trail of bronze going across my panel. :( I used some dried squash tendrils as accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment