Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The card that got away from me!

     Ever have one of those cards that just keeps getting more complicated? I had a long card session this afternoon and only managed to get one lonely card made!  Here's my final card. This is for Diane's challenge called Two By Two and Side by Side inspired by a sister's study whose logo features pink and purple. I thought this image would be perfect for the challenge.



I didn't set out to do a 3D look but was only going to paper piece. Once I started adding the piecing I had some "issues" with paper depths varying and poor planning on my part. At any rate, I just kept adding layers and figured while I was adding them I might as well pop some too. I watercolored by scribbling markers onto acetate and then using a wet brush to paint the image.

So irritated by the smear!!! I actually had to stamp a 2nd base circle because I laid my piece down to add adhesive and put it right onto the piece of acetate I'd used for my water coloring!!! So, I cut around my entire image, stamped onto another circle, added a little grey shading and then proceeded to smear the sentiment when I was putting together the scallop panel behind the images. This piece is a long piece of scallop edged Eggplant with added snips to allow me to curve the piece around the circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment