Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Ink Spray Smash.....go crazy making cards!




           Today's HYCCT Challenge was called "Get Smooshed" and I think we all know what that refers to....ouch! I may not love the test, but I do love the technique that I chose to use...ink, spray, smash. It is a simple way to make some really pretty backgrounds. I had a piece of waxed paper lying around so I used that for my technique. I smooshed my Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks onto the waxed paper. I dotted some Smooch paint on there too for some shimmer. I filled a spritzer with rubbing alcohol which dries really fast and then spritzed away over the ink to get it good and wet. I cut a piece of glossy cardstock in half and smashed each half into the sprayed inks. 

This is the second piece; the colors aren't quite as vibrant on the second  print, but still a fun piece.
This one is made from the second piece-I've punched out tiny flowers and added pearl centers.
Here I've stamped my leaf on the 2nd piece and fussy cut it.
I embossed in clear on this piece then ran a pink marker over the stems and wiped the ink off the embossing.
Another leaf print this time stamped in gold and embossed with a mix of clear and espresso ep. This was from the first print.
I stamped in Sepia and embossed in clear here. I tried the out of the box die cutting technique but didn't quite get it right. I inlaid the framed image panel.
Here's another with black embossing. Kept the setting CAS



No comments:

Post a Comment