Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

CASEing a CAS Challenge Alumni

     This week Denise chose to honor a CAS Challenge alumni-Harriet/hskelly. She has an awesome gallery filled with great CAS layouts and loads of inspiration. I chose to CASE this beautiful card of Harriet's. I loved the curved color blocking as well as the diagonal scoring on the base. I had the perfect scrap lying on my desk from sponging sun rays on a previous card and then that yellow scrap got spattered with some blue ink, so I went from there.
I added Bermuda Bay sponging to the bottom, more Crushed Curry to the middle and right, and Soft Sky in the center right.  When I sent to score my base, my stylus skipped and made a random line so I just went with the random look and added to it, sponging with Soft Sky and  bit of Bermuda. I stamped my Scripture in Bermuda as well.
Stamps: Words of Wisdom
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: sponge, wet paint brush, Diagonal Scoring Plate and Scoring Board, Stylus
Techniques: Sponging, Spatter, Scoring

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2410662#ixzz2biVf3U00
My second card is a much more literal CASE of this pretty card of Harriet's. (You know it was a winning look when all three of the CAS designers chose to CASE it!) I stamped my bg instead of using a piece of dp. I started by stamping Sanded repeatedly in Basic Black. I then stamped my solid images in Versamark over that and embossed in white. I popped my circle-window panel over this using dimensionals. I punched my polka dot butterfly and used pearls for the body. I stamped my sentiment and used a square punch to notch the ends. It was hard to see the details, so I used a black marker brushed along the edges to add definition.
*I wasn't completely thrilled with the 2nd card so when I saw today's TLC Challenge, I revamped the card.
This is the outside of my card-you can see that I lowered the window this time-I hadn't liked the placement on the first card.  I framed my window with a black circle frame and placed my butterfly back on.
On the inside, I framed my design in black and added my banner.
Stamps: Secret Garden, Sanded, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, patterns pack dp
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly punch, pearls, White ep, 3/4" square punch
Techniques: masking, embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2410826#ixzz2blaYCq6F

 

No comments:

Post a Comment