Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

More Mixed Media

     Friday has become my mixed media day as I like to play in the Mixability Challenges on splitcoaststampers.com.  Today our challenge was to use fabric.  I also like to play along in the Queen for the Day Challenge and we are currently reviewing past queens. I chose to CASE a beautiful mixed media card by Lee-Anne/Shadow's Mom.
It looked like Lee-Anne used a print dp, but I went with a dictionary page. I used white Gesso as my base coat then used my foam brush to dab some Grey Gesso through wire mesh. I didn't do so well on my first try so I wiped off the grey mess and tried again. As I wiped with an old wipe that had blue ink on it, the blue bled into the Gesso-how cool is that!  I added a bit more Island Indigo along the edges and also stamped my image and sentiment in the same.  My fabric piece is a denim strip and a rolled denim flower. I simply snipped my strip about every 1/4" and then rolled it up and smooshed it onto a circle of sticky sheet.
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous - Studio 490 Small Stamp Set - Homemade Art
Paper: Black, Dictionary Page
Ink: Island Indigo
Accessories: White and Grey Gesso, foam brush, wire mesh, sponge, sticky page, denim strip, Stickles
Techniques: Rolled Fabric Flower, Sponging, Stencil, Mixed Media

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2415212#ixzz2cqHsgxlh

No comments:

Post a Comment