Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Painting with Markers

     I had new goodies from winning a prize from last month's Dare to Get Dirty challenges and thought I'd use them to play along with today's color challenge which features 5 bright colors: Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie. The sentiment I wanted to use spoke about nature and seasons so I pulled out an old retired SU stamp set for my images.  Because the challenge colors didn't include any browns or greens, I decided to use markers to color my image. I scribbled onto acetate and used a wet brush to mix some and to use the main colors.
Watercoloring with markers is a great way to extend your color palette and to soften the colors a bit by adding more water.
Stamps: Nature's Seasonal Borders, Verve-Every Season
Paper: Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Island Indigo, Strawberry Slush
Accessories: Subtles candy dots, Markers-Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Paintbrush, Verve-rectangular frame die
Techniques: Watercoloring with Markers and ink from ink pad lid

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2413982#ixzz2cWhJOLRI

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this sweet border and it's so perfect with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete