Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Road Trip!

     This week's CAS Challenge is a theme challenge based on the theme-Road Trip.  I used some new toys for the challenge-a new stamp set and a punch to go along with it.
     For my sample card, I decided to make a stencil and create a one layer card.  I used my hexagon punch and a sheet of acetate to create a mask that I can use again.  I then sponged my bright colors for my first "layer."  I stamped some images in between the hexagons. My second "layer" was stamped black images. I did cheat just a bit by framing in black and using a colored base, but this is basically a one layer card.

Stamps: Around the World
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Pacific Point, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Hexagon punch, sponge
Techniques: Masking, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2415885#ixzz2d2WM2dcO
     For my second card, I decided to try my hand at freestyle collage.  I used the same stamp set but stamped then punched my images. I used a strip of Chevron embossed black as my leap off point popping the images and adding an arrow clip.  I accented with some stickers and a couple of shapes in complementary colors, then stamped a couple of sentiments to round it off. Not sure how successful this is as a CAS card, but I like the look.
 
Stamps: Around the World
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Gumball Green, Pool Party, Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black,
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Hexagon, 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" circle punches, Chevron embossing folder, Hang Up clips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Epic Day This and That Stickers
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Freestyle Collage

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2415943#ixzz2d2chGWGq      And here's a couple more with similar theme that are definitely NOT Clean and Simple. I made these during the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges.

Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz. Bo Bunny-Detour Icons and SImple Stories-Jet Set
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Versafine Onyx
Accessories: various circle punches, photo corner punch, square lattice ef, cutter kit distressing tool, dimensionals, Tim Holtz Steampunk ef
Techniques: Distressing, Crumpling, Sponging, Tearing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2403943#ixzz2d2a3Ah8K

Stamps: Lean On Me, Studio G Chevron
Paper: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Old Olive, Pear PIzzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Black, envelope scrap, Bo Bunny-detour, Simple Stories-Urband Traveler
Ink: Versafine Onyx,
Accessories: Various circle punches, Chevron ef,
Techniques: Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2406120#ixzz2d2aNTrEi
     I also did a Mixed Media card a while back with the same theme. 
 
Stamps: Rough Texture Wheel, Studio G alphabet
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Vintage Violet, Map piece, October Afternoon dp
Ink: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Night of Navy
Accessories: Bitty Banners framelits, 1 3/4" circle punch, sponge, Vintaj Forgotten Times, Cropadile, metal key accent, Martha Stewart tags, Little Yellow Bicycle-wood shape, sponge, sanding block
Techniques: Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2392866#ixzz2d2b3mJA5

No comments:

Post a Comment