Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Inspired Vintage


I caught a glimpse of the Tuesday Trigger picture at Moxie Fab World and couldn't shake it loose until I made a card (actually two)! The first was a more direct take on the beautiful inspiration collage photo and the second was more inspired by the first card.
This is the inspiration collage photo....so much to be inspired by!

I made the envelope out of a used larger envelope and used a marker on a tag image to just ink up the writing and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add the address and return address. Lots of crumpling, tearing and sponging and some finds in my vintage button and sewing boxes. I used a base of Baja Breeze embossed with the Elegant Lines ef with added Suede sponging and some pearls added.
Stamps: Travel Post, Young Vermillion, Kindness Matters
Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, In Color Patterns Pack, envelope resized into small envelope
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Pretties Kit, Pearls, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, Sponge, Vintage Trim, Articake Charm, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Techniques: Distressing, Crumpling Tearing, Sponging, Dry Embossing, Watercoloring from ink pad lids

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2404073#ixzz2apRvbAuE

This one is a smaller collage with the same bg and similar elements in the collage. I added two stickpins that I'd purchased and some natural trim. The vellum strip was cut from a wedding invitation.
Stamps: French Script
Paper: Baja Breeze, Watercolor Paper, My Mind's Eye dp-Blush Sweet Bouquet, Bashful Blue, Dictionary Page, vellum strip cut from wedding invite
Ink: Soft Suede, Gesso and blue reinkers
Accessories: Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Natural Trim, art.i.cake stickpins, Vintage button card, stamp, sponge, pearls, wide oval punch
Techniques: Collage, Sponging, Distressing, Crumpling, Tearing, Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2405750#ixzz2apTZkzvS

5 comments:

  1. Both are pretty! I love the color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Gail, I love both of your cards, fabulous takes on the challenge! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment, you sure are appreciated! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the cards. Great design and scrumptious details. The jewelry accents are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous colours, and uber-gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gail! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete