Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Paint It Up!

     This week's CAS Challenge is a limited supplies challenge where we were to set the ink aside and use paint or watercolors instead. I went with paints, and here's what I came up with!
I used my Espresso paint dauber to ink up my leaves then stamped this onto the Canvas bg stamp to add some texture. I used Cloudy Blue ink for my sentiment. Last addition was a twine knot before I put my Whisper White piece onto an Early Espresso base.
Stamps: Secret Garden, Thoughts & Prayers, Canvas
Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink: none
Accessories: Paint Daubers: Adirondak Cloudy Blue and Espresso, Twine
Techniques: Stamp Kissing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2413322#ixzz2cNFyHNGW
This one is painted through a reverse of a butterfly die cut. I then laid the butterfly over the top of the blue and painted white accents through it. I used a silver Stampin' Dazzle marker to add some more accents. Stamped my sentiment with grey paint dauber and finished with a strip of Washi tape.
Here's another photo of the same card-the silver accents show up very differently in different light.

This was actually my first card, but I wasn't thrilled with it. My son cringed when I showed him this card...I'm not usually one who makes humorous cards, but I wanted to make a birthday card for a man at our church who always shares his excess sweet corn with us.  My kids call him "Sweet Lowell." I used the eraser end of a pencil with two colors of yellow to paint my corn kernels.  I used a brush to paint the husks. When this was dry, I used a pencil to add details. My sentiment is punched letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment