Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Simply Pressed Christmas

     My 10 year old daughter pleaded with me to buy the new Simply Pressed Clay and when I saw this awesome tutorial, I just had to try playing around with it today.  I also used a sketch from Verve and CASEd a card from Denise aka resqbarbie's gallery.
Here's the final card-I used less layers than the sketch and took the stamp set and colors from Denise's card.
Stamps: Peaceful Wishes
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Bells & Boughs dp
Ink: Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Accessories: Markers, Simply Pressed Clay, 1 1/4" and 1"square punches to notch, sponge, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla seam binding, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Glue dots, sewing machine
Techniques: Sewing, Fork Bow, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2414762#ixzz2cjmob2dV

I used markers in the imprinted stamping before I air dried the clay piece. I sponged Soft Suede around the edges after it was dry and used sticky strip to attach it to a die cut Cherry Cobbler circle.

I made three fork bows in my featured colors and used glue dots to tack them onto my notched banner.

I could have rolled the clay a bit flatter I think, but it was my first try and I wanted to be sure I left it thick enough to be able to imprint. It is light as a feather though!


1 comment:

  1. Gail!
    Your card came out GORGEOUS! I am SO glad that you tried this technique!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete