Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Crack & Stitch



Today's Mixability Challenge asked us to Crack & Stitch-Here's version #1 where I'd forgotten the stitch part.




I pulled my panel off, cut the edges just a tad then used a zig zag stitch to stitch it onto a Soft Suede frame. I added eyelet and an vertical seam binding piece and glued my bow over that.

I used Ranger Distress Crackle Paint over my stamped and watercolored image. I sponged Soft Suede ink to bring out the crackle more.

You can also see the embossing on the dp if you look closely. I also sponged over this in Suede.

You can see by the man's head where my paint was a little thick and bubbled up when I took a heat gun to speed up the process. I sanded over this area a bit.
Stamps: SU-Summer by the Sea (sentiment), My Mind's Eye-Boys Stamps, Great Impressions-image
Paper: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Everyday Enchantment dp, Riding Hood Red, Natural Ivory
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories: Markers, Paint Brush, Sponge, Nestabilities-Circles and Labels 9 dies, 1 3/8" & 1 3/4" circle punches, Baja Breeze seam binding, pearls, stampin' dimensionals, Early Espresso ep, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint-Clear Rock Candy, Distressed Tex
Techniques: Crackle, Sponging, Distressing, Dry Embossing, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2412591#ixzz2c9uwFHkr

No comments:

Post a Comment