Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Inspired by a Song

     This week's CAS challenge called us to be inspired by this fun song by Little Mix- Wings My first card went more literal.  As my kids are rapidly growing up (3 already adults) I think a lot more about how their wings were made to fly....it is right and good for them to be flying on their own even if I sometimes don't always understand quite the direction they're choosing to fly in. I know that wasn't quite the point of the song, but that was how it was hitting me this week. Anyway....I never could get the card that was in my head onto the page, but such it is sometimes!
I die cut my butterfly 4 times with two layers of black and 2 layers of the sheet music so that the backside of the butterfly looks the same as the front. I added some glitter pen highlights and used sequins for the trail.  I sponged the sky and tilted my letters similarly to the way the letters tilted in the video.
Stamps: none
Paper: Soft Sky, Black, Sheet Music
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Cloud Moon & Stars Template, The Cat's Pajamas-Lacy Butterfly Die, Timeless Type dies, sequins, sponge, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen-Clear, ModPodge
Techniques: Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2407353#ixzz2bLRZt6Bd
I was trying to make a second butterfly card but the spatter got away from me. For some reason the bg made me think of these snowboarding stickers I had just picked up, and of course, those guys really FLY and "their feet don't touch the ground!"
Stamps: none
Paper: White, Island Indigo
Ink: Island Indigo, Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette reinkers.
Accessories: Paintbrush, TPS alphabet punches, Me & My Big Idea Stickers, Snowburst ef
Techniques: Spatter, Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2407859#ixzz2bLSMtl7E



No comments:

Post a Comment